Message from your Alderman
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the inauguration and ball! It was quite a memorable event and an incredible honor for my family and I. I want to again thank you for your support. I’d also like to welcome you to the first edition of the Ward 7 newsletter. This is one of tools I’m going to be using to keep in touch, inform you of upcoming events, and generally speak to Ward 7 issues. If there’s anything you’d like to talk about, feel free to contact me at AldSavidge@Annapolis.gov, Rob@RobSavidge.com, or 443-906-1361.
- The first meeting of the new City Council and Mayor is this Monday night. There isn’t much business happening and it’s more of an orientation for the new members. There will be presentations from the public safety departments as well as Planning & Zoning. Let me know if there’s anything on the agenda that you would like to discuss.
- The next meeting of the Annapolis Education Commission will be on Wednesday, December 13th 5:30-7pm at the Georgetown East Elementary School (111 Dogwood Road). Click for details.
- The next public meeting for the Forest Drive / Eastport Sector Study will be next week on Tuesday, December 12th from 6:30pm to 8:30 pm at the Pip Moyer Rec Center. If you care about development, traffic, mobility, and environment along this corridor please come out and have your voice be heard.
- If you would like to become a Ward 7 Community Leader, please let me know. These volunteers will help to relay concerns from their neighbors to my office, assist with working on issues of concern to the Ward, and get the word out when we need to mobilize folks to make sure Ward 7’s voice is heard.
- Leadership Anne Arundel is looking for applicants for their 2018 Neighborhood Leadership Academy Program. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Anne Arundel County, enhance your leadership abilities, and network.
- Annapolis Offers Free Holiday Shuttle to Maryland Avenue from City Garages
- Annapolis Parking has relocated to 60 West Street, Suite 106. Please visit this office if you need to deal with Annual & Temporary Residential Permits, Citation Payments, All Validations including Park & Shop and employee validations, In-Person Monthly Parking